Brake spring unit

• Hello,

I have a problem setting my parking brake. The brake is the spring type with air release. The spring unit pulls in on the spring and the brake is fine, when I apply the air to release the unit does not release fully. There is still about 20mm of movement. When I pull the brake cables this 20mm moves and the brakes are free. Has anyone else had this problem, or any ideas? Thanks.

Hallo, Ich habe ein Problem, meine Handbremse einzustellen. Die Bremse ist die Frühlingsart mit Luftfreigabe. Die Frühlingsmaßeinheit zieht innen auf den Frühling und die Bremse ist fein, wenn ich die Luft anwende, um die Maßeinheit freizugeben freigebe nicht völlig. Es gibt noch ungefähr 20mm von Bewegung. Wenn ich die Bremsenkabel ziehe, dieses sind die 20mm Bewegungen und die Bremsen frei. Hat jemand anderes dieses Problem oder irgendwelche Ideen gehabt? Danke.

{grusssignatur}

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cobminor ()

• Hallo cobminor,

the parking brake is moved by an spring brake.
    The spring brake opens the parking brake with 3.5atü air pressure(3,5 kp/cm²)
    the move way should be min. 46 mm to release the brake. You can measure it at the tie rod between spring brake and the brake cables. That means, the movement of the the cables of the rear axle sping brake at your ifa are to short. Give there more movement and try again. Oh, there is a little bit to much alc in my body.

:D edit without alc for better understanding. :D

I had the problem, that my spring brake opens at 5,0 kp/cm². I changed the spring brake and after that the brake releases again at 3,5 kp/cm². There was mud in the spring brake, so it doesn' t work right.

Gewinne Zeit durch vorher Nachdenken.
    lura

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Bernd R. ()

• Bernd,

Thank you for your ideas. I have tried to get a new unit from IFA but they are no more. I think I have the problem now, the seal in the air chamber was running dry, there was no grease on it. There was water and glycol in there only. I have tried to get a new seal but have no luck. I will put the old one back and see if it works.

If any one else has this kind of problem you should know that the front of the accumulator can be taken off safely, the spring is not on that part. This is how to get to the seal.

If anyone on here can get a seal in Germany for this I will gladly send you the money. The seal is made by Kautasit, the size is 140 x 110 x 25, the part number is 5367K019. Thank you.

• Hello again,

I may have solved it, the brakes now work, but only just. The pressure has to be right up for them to come off.

I have another question about the air system. On the top of the brake booster is an air connection. This connection goes to the air supply pipe on top of the gearbox. What is it for? There is no difference to the operation of the brake accumulator when the pipe is left off. Early W50's did not have this pipe.

Hallo wieder, Ich kann ihn gelöst haben, arbeiten die Bremsen jetzt, aber nur gerade. Der Druck muss recht oben sein, damit sie abkommen. Ich habe eine andere Frage über das Luftsystem. Auf dem toip der Bremse ist der Verstärker ein Luftanschluß. Dieser Anschluss geht zum Luftzufuhrrohr auf das Getriebe. Für was ist er? Es gibt keinen Unterschied zum Betrieb des Bremsdruckspeichers, wenn das Rohr weg gelassen wird. Frühes W50' s hatte nicht dieses Rohr.

Edit,

I now think it is a breather pipe.

{grusssignatur}

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cobminor ()

• Hi,

is the Airpipe really going to the BV3 Brakebooster? Or is it coming from the SpringParkbrake Cylinder going to the Gearbox? In this case its a Wading/Fording System installed that will pressurize all Oil Cavitys with 0,3bar via a lever in the Cabin.

Reinhard

Mechanik

Mechanik der IFA Nutzfahrzeuge.